HOW TO MAKE ICED YERBA MATE
The traditional method of brewing Yerba Mate (with gourd & bombilla) is the most widespread in the world, but also the one that allows you to get the most out the Yerba Mate leaf. In most countries where it's consumed the infusion is brewed with hot water.
Thanks to our friends from Paraguay who have created their own version of the beverage and popularized the cold infusion of yerba mate. Today we would like to share with you the national drink of Paraguay: Tereré !
Tereré is the perfect thirst-quenching pick-me-up on hot summer days! Follow these simple steps and you'll fell in love with this healthy and refreshing summer drink.
Here are the steps to follow to prepare your Tereré (iced mate)
Prepare your water
In a large bottle or pitcher, add:
- +/- 750 ml of cold water
- Lots of ice cubes
- 1 squeezed lemon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- Add lemon slices to taste
Prepare your gourd
- Place your filtering straw (bombilla) into your gourd.
- Add some yerba Mateina Citrus into the gourd up to the half.
- Take the pitcher, and pour water directly on the Yerba, and drink it with the straw within a few minutes (max 5 minutes)
- Re-infuse the same Yerba up to 25 times during the day.