· De Sandrine Desrosiers-Champoux
RECIPE - Berries & Yerba Mate smoothie
A refreshing Berries & Yerba Mate smoothie:
Smoothie is certainly one of the most refreshing beverages we like to consume at any times in the day! It's simple to make this beverage extremely filling, since it's easy to add grains, vegetables and even superfoods to it. Some people use milk, orange juice, or water to liquefy the consistency of their smoothie.
Today, we suggest you use mate as a liquid when you make your next smoothie! In addition to its high antioxidant content, the infusion of yerba mate will wake you up, due to the presence of caffeine in the mate leaf.
Steps to prepare the smoothie
- Add a variety of fresh, or frozen berries to your blender.
- Add the natural sugar of your choice (maple syrup or honey). (Optional!)
- Add yogurt for a silky smoothie texture. (Optional!)
- Add the cold infusion of yerba mate.
- Mix it up!
Steps to infuse the Yerba Mate
- In a frenchpress, add 2 tablespoons of Mateina Euforia (Hibiscus & Berries) per cup of cold water. (+ \ - 8 tablespoons for 1 L)
- Let infuse in the refrigerator for 4 to 8 hours.
- When the infusion time is over, squeeze the filter, and pour into your smoothie mix.